Skip to content
Yield: 2 Challahs
- 1 x 10g packet of rapid-rising yeast
- 790g (6 cups) flour
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 Tbs salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 125ml oil
- 625ml (2 ½ cups) warm water
- 1 Jar of Ooh la la Praline Spread
- Topping: 1 egg mixed with 1 Tbs water
- Combine all dry ingredients
- Make a well in the center and add in the eggs, oil and warm water. Beat ell with a dough hook for 10 minutes
Brush the top of the dough with oil, cover and leave to rise until doubled in size
Tip: To speed up this process, place the bowl in a nice warm place.
- Punch the dough down and nead well. For Rosh Hashanah, divide the dough in two and roll into two long sausages.
Split the jar of praline spread between the two challahs. Spread the praline in an even layer on top of each sausage.
Twist the dough sausages and then roll them into a coil
- Place your round challahs on a greased and floured pan and leave to rise again for 25-30 minutes
- Brush the tops with a mixture of egg and water
Bake at 180°C - 190°C for approximately 25 minutes. Do not oerbake or the challah will be hard.
Leave a comment